We, the undersigned, pledge to:
- pool resources together. We aim to act as one political group and make decisions together, regardless of where we are from. We will also try to avoid spending money for the same things at the same time. If we want an office in Brussels, we will use a common one. Whenever possible, we will have a common staff for common tasks, like public relations or administration.
- be transparent and clear about our income and resources. We will make side income public and have our general expenditure allowance placed into a bank account separate from salary. In addition, we won’t sign in at the European Parliament unless we actually work there that day.
- show how it works. We will be open about how we reach decisions, and how these reflect Pirate ideals. Whenever possible, we will disclose where our information comes from, with whom we spoke, and when we received it. We will make the information we accumulate accessible online. Specifically, we will publish the lobby documents we receive on the political files on which we are presently working.
- uphold the No-Asshole clause. No matter how competent they are, we will not employ people who bully or discriminate against others, or endanger the team cohesion by their social behaviour. We will not let sexism, racism, ableism or other discrimination or harassment go unchallenged.
- be exemplary. We will make the mandate our primary occupation. We explicitly agree to uphold the Code of Conduct for Members of the European Parliament and pledge to behave accordingly.
Sharing is caring: this text is under CC-3.0 BY license. This means you’re welcome to use it for your site, blog, or wherever you like. You don’t have to ask us, you’re just supposed to tell where you got it from